The King's School, Gloucester - Part-time Teacher of Maths or Computer Science
The King's School, Gloucester
according to qualifications and experience
The King’s School, Gloucester, a leading HMC co-educational day school, is seeking to appoint an outstanding Teacher of Maths or Computer Science from 1st January 2020. This is the ideal opportunity to join a dynamic department in a thriving school.
The Headmaster is looking to appoint a high achieving graduate to teach Mathematics or Computer Science, within a highly successful department. The timetable allocation will be 0.5. This is a two-term post with the possibility of the role becoming permanent as the school expands its Mathematics and Computer Science provision. The successful candidate will have a genuine enthusiasm for Mathematics or Computer Science and be well placed to generate and sustain a high degree of motivation and achievement in all pupils.
The following duties shall be deemed to be included in the professional duties which the Teacher may be required to perform:
• First class teaching throughout the School in a manner appropriate to students' ages and abilities.
• Assessing and recording students' progress in accordance with departmental and School policies.
• Promoting and teaching KS3/GCSE/IGCSE/A-Level through well-planned and well delivered teaching that is consistently good or outstanding over time.
• Attending and contributing to departmental meetings.
• Developing and sharing teaching and learning resources.
• Monitoring the work and progress of pupils, including those with specific learning needs.
• Maintaining professional skills through INSET and our Continuing Professional Development programme.
• Being proactive in exploring innovative ways of delivering Mathematics/Computer Science through the curriculum.
• Producing displays to create an attractive learning environment.
• Contributing to the extra-curricular life of the School through the Activities and Academic Enrichment Programme or other appropriate commitment.
• Taking part in the pastoral life of the School as a Form Co-Tutor or Cover Tutor.
• Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for whom you are responsible and with whom you come into contact.
• Any other tasks or responsibilities that may reasonably be assigned by the Headmaster.
The successful candidate should have the following:
• Degree Level related to Computer Science and/or Mathematics
• Experience of teaching at KS3-5
• Uses dynamic, effective teaching strategies that engage all learners
• Excellent written and oral communication, numerical and interpersonal skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• Able to work under pressure, plan and prioritise own workload remaining professional at all times
• Initiative and resourcefulness; able to produce excellent teaching plans
• Able to deliver high standards, accuracy and attention to detail, meeting all deadlines
• Enthusiastic and passionate about the subject, the School and the pupils
• Willing to undertake further professional development
Candidates should apply by completing the application form and a letter of application. A CV is not required. Applications should be addressed to:
The Headmaster, The King’s School, Gloucester, GL1 2BG.
Closing date is Friday 25th October at 12 noon, with interviews taking place on Monday 11th November.
The King’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including: references from previous employers, a Disclosure and Barring Service check at the enhanced level, as well as eligibility to work in the UK (in compliance with UK immigration regulations). Interviews will be conducted in person, and they will explore candidates’ suitability to work with children
The King's School, Gloucester
Pitt Street, Gloucester, GL1 2BG
- 227 Day Boys (11-18)
- 199 Day Girls (11-18)
- HMC, ISC
01452 337337 email@example.com
Closing Date: 25 October 2019
Add a Vacancy
Any school in membership of an association in ISC can add job vacancies to this website. The site is powered by Pressburst – a communications platform developed by Attain in partnership with ISC and the Associations, including HMC, GSA, IAPS and The Society of Heads.